Wondering how to get to the Chateau Lacombe once you arrive in Edmonton? Here’s all the information you need:
Flying into the Edmonton International Airport:
- Taxi: Delegates can take a cab from the airport to the Chateau Lacombe (10111 Bellamy Hill NW), but be warned: that can run you close to $50, depending on traffic.
- Airport shuttle: We are planning on arranging a discount with Skyshuttle to offer CUP delegates a discount on the service to and from the Chateau Lacombe. We will notify delegates once the discount is available.
- Public transit is also an affordable option ($5 for a one-way trip), and here’s how to do it. Catch the 747 Edmonton Transit System (ETS) bus situated at the entrance of the airport’s Arrivals Level 1.
- The express bus goes to Century Park Transit Centre. From Century Park, take the northbound LRT to Central station. Walk up the 101 St exit and head one block south to the Chateau Lacombe.
Taking the Greyhound bus:
- Taxi: Cabs are available from the bus terminal, and would cost you between five and 10 bucks.
- Our suggestion? Take a short walk: from the terminal, you only need to walk east on 103 Ave about two blocks to 101 St, turn right, and walk two blocks south to the hotel. Win.
- Parking is available in the covered lot adjoining the hotel. Current parking rates: Self-Park $15.00/day or Valet $20.00/day.
Travel to Edmonton
CUP is arranging several travel discounts from various companies for delegates traveling to Edmonton for NASH76. We will notify delegates as these travel discounts become available.
- Air Canada: Use promotion code JU8R79X1 with our preferred airline when booking on aircanada.com for a 10% discount off Executive Class Flexible, Latitude or Flex flights, or a 5% discount on Executive Class Lowest flights. Discounted rates are available for travel from January 1-19, 2014. This discount offer applies to flights TO Edmonton, but not returning flights.
- WestJet: use promotion code CC8073 when booking over the phone with the WestJet Groups Department at 1-888-493-7853 for a 10% discount off best available fare at the time of the booking, excluding seat sales and web fares. Discounted rates are available for travel from January 7th-19th, 2014.
Delegates should aim to arrive at the hotel no later than 5pm on Wednesday, January 8th to allow time for check-in and registration before official conference programming kicks off. When booking return travel, papers will need to keep in mind the fact that at least one representative from every member paper is required to present themselves at plenary (CUP’s annual general meeting), which occurs Sunday, January 12th. Individuals staying for plenary should plan to book return travel on the morning of Monday, January 13th. Delegates who choose not to remain at the hotel for plenary can travel anytime on Sunday, January 12th, as no other official programming will be scheduled for that day.